Saturday, June 19, 2004

Saved by a Fireman, Part two

If you have the skills, and a ladder, you can get in anywhere...

My wife was still working at her Barmaids job in a pub called the Highwayman in Skelmersdale, probably seeing the fireman every night...

Two weeks later I let her go out again. This time I didn't make any attempt to leave Southport. I waited at the end of the road. Nothing. All night, nothing...no Jerry..nothing. I looked through the entire car park. Nope!

So, I decided to call it a night, I drove to the top of the road were there was a pub and with my eagle eye I spotted that Lime green Capri in the car park. Unfortunately I didn't have my Eye-Spy book of Wife Molesters with me so I didn't get the points. Once again, I played the waiting game at the night club (Included in this wait are two little unwilling victims of my obsession, my son and daughter, strapped into their apparatus on the back seat of the Austin Maxi).

At throwing out time I saw my wife come out with her friend and get into a taxi. I followed the taxi (who was being followed by a familiar Capri) to a little cafe type thing (We are now at about 1.30am). Parked up and waited. After about half an hour I went and peeked through the door window - there was my wife and her friend sitting at a table with Jerry. I walked in, sat with them and with a sarcastic smile said I'd have a coffee. Jerry wanted me to go outside with him for some reason. I wanted my wife to go outside with me for some reason. Her mate just folded herself into her handbag and wanted to go outside with anyone except the three she was with.

I didn't take up Jerry's offer. I dragged my wife to the car and we drove home (the kids are still strapped in the back....)

I didn't let her go out again after that - smart cooky huh!, she still had her job at the pub though and I'm convinced that she was playing the field after that.

Eighteen months later I was divorced and unknowingly ready to step into five years of dark, drunken self pity.

On a lighter note though, I now had the car to myself....pity I wrote it off within twelve months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home