Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Living on an Island.

I was thinking about the top ten albums I would take to a place of solitude, sort of the Fools version of “Desert Island Discs” that would keep me happy for the rest of my days in my gravel pit on snake-belly Island.

A few simple rules were applied,

ten different artists.
no best of or greatest hits.
no double albums.

Here they are, in no particular order :

Band on the Run. Paul McCartney and Wings.
The Bridge. Ace of Base.
Reach the Beach. The Fixx.
Tubular Bells II. Mike Oldfield.
Wish you were Here. Pink Floyd.
Crime of the Century. Supertramp.
Magical Mystery Tour. The Beatles
Don’t Shoot Me I’m only the Piano Player. Elton John.
Pinups. David Bowie.
Bridge over Troubled Water. Simon and Garfunkel.

So, there it is. Probably not definitive as I can imagine having a wobbler just before climbing on the boat and stupidly demanding a Kylie Minogue album in exchange for Floyd.

Spending the rest of my time missing :

“We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year, running over the same old ground. What have we found? The same old fears, wish you were here”

While listening to :

“La la la, la la la la la, La la la. La la la la la”


They don’t write them like they used to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home