Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Gun that shoots around the corner.

It was Christmas 1964 that one of my prized guns came into my possession. It was made by an American Toy company called Kenner.

The amazing thing about this gun was it’s ability to fire hard sponge balls, at a very high velocity, I think it had a five or six capacity magazine. The other essential aspect of the weapon was that it had a pivot, and a mirror. It was able to fire around corners!

This was the perfect weapon to use to stalk my granddad, I’d creep up on the floor, out of his sight, load up a couple or the sponge balls that I hadn’t already lost, and fire around a corner at him. He never had a chance!

I’ve researched this recently and the toy was actually called “The Gun that Shoots around the corner”





What an amazing coincidence.

At some point I’ll have to start a series of blogs about the toys I had and never had.

1 Comments:

At February 25, 2017 at 8:00:00 AM PST, Blogger Dave C said...

My next door neighbour's son had one! I was so jealous!
He also had a Johnny Seven, broke it, and was bought another one. I felt really hard done to. 😭

 

Post a Comment

<< Home