Monday, June 21, 2004

Days gone bye

It’s all quite exciting really, I’m only a couple of weeks off finding out how old my Scottish friend Graeme is again. Every year he prints out his certificate and hangs it in his cubicle, I’m glad that it is only once a year, because, as Graeme is Graeme, he’s always celebrating his birthday in days. He's a bit of a bean counter.

Exact days that is, corrected for leap years, decimalisation, the direction of the gulfstream and slight deviations in the planets orbits in relation to King Adrians Wall.

I can’t wait.

I thought, to sort of keep with his tradition on this first day of summer, I’d work out how many days I’ve attended work since leaving School in 1974. From the 11th September 1974 to the 21st June 2004, that’s 10,876 days. Subtracting holidays and weekends, a year off in 1981 and three months in 1992, it reduces to 6,714 days – each one of those is only a third of a day, hence, 2,238 days.

As my days on the planet number 17,052 today, I’ve only worked about 13% of my life.

Seems longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home