Saturday, June 26, 2004

Smell my tailpipe

The VW is trapped in the garage at the moment, the victim of circumstance. It’s 2004 which is an even year and the Honda Civic has to have it’s emissions test this fall, it’s a 1995 vehicle. The Corrado however, is a 1990 vehicle, even year equals odd year for emission tests in Canada.

In addition to this, the VW needs new brakes and a new drive belt, could do with a new speed sensor and a little TLC, all avenues for extracting money efficiently out of my wallet. The drive belt issue has become increasingly embarrassing as general members of the public stare in disbelief as I turn corners and the car sounds like a squealing pig.

So, unwillingly, the VW will stay in the garage until after the emissions test, to add insult to injury the Civic “service engine” light has started coming on at odd intervals, possibly an emissions issue. That will be an ironic twist to all this, the very fact that I’m running the Honda at the moment results in a wallet flush to fix an emissions problem that wouldn’t actually have been there until after the emissions test. I don’t think Geordie can get me out of this one, even if we send a tachyon pulse back to the lip of the temperal rift.

Whichever way I work this one, I suspect a sacrifice to the Automobile God is inevitable, I fear he is angry at me and he was not satisfied with just a token clutch change on the Civic. I don’t think a piece of black tape above the engine light will solve this one...dollars will be required one way or another.

Will keep you posted, try to stay visible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home