Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Of all the things to forget...


Its been six months and I have not told you.

Something that was so important in my life has gone, vanooshed, does not exist any more. Phht!

Well, that's not quite true. The VW Corrado is probably happy and well in it's new home in Manitoba.

I placed an ad in the Auto Trader, $3400 as is, brakes no good, leaky exhaust manifold, dodgy half shaft, missing heat shield, take it, please, take it.

Many phone calls (in fact a friend of mine, the crazy Kashman is still calling, faking an indian voice and asking if the wolkswagen is still for sale) and then on a Friday evening, I received what I thought was a prank call from a couple of guys from Winnipeg.

They flew in to Toronto on the Saturday, took a sixty dollar cab out to Oshawa, Kicked the tires and then thrust $3000 cash in an envelope at me.

They drove away and it was gone after six good years.

Gone like the old wooden Whitby bridge gone.

It was as simple as that, my loss was massive, I reached for the bottle again because I was no longer a true Klingon.

I drank.

I drank more.

I bought another Honda.

and I continue to drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home