Thursday, March 22, 2007

The price of fish.

I don't need to remind myself that my wife's parents are arriving at the end of May for a twelve week stay in June.

She blinded me with Science!

I make a PC for Allan, my father in law, every year.

This year, I know he'll want to play World of Warcraft, so I can't get by without building a half decent box. I build him a box because I know he feels comfortable in the fact that he can infect, destroy and mutilate whatever I build him without my eyebrows becoming enormous.

If its not mine that's broked I can fix it.

So, back to the price of fish. In 1991 I bought a 386, 33mhz, with 16mb ram, floppy, 200mb of hard drive and a modem for the grand total of $4800 including a 24 pin Star NX2400 dot matrix printer and a 14 inch monitor.

Today, through the ex-lease guru nearby I bought a Pentium 4, 2.4ghz, with 1gb ram, 40gb of hard drive, 10/100 NIC, CDrom, Floppy and all those bells and whistles that did not exist 16 years ago. $225

The extra 100mb of hard drive, my upgrade from 100 to 200mb, back in 1991 cost me $225, Ram was $90 a megabyte and banana's were still less than 40 cents a pound.

Enter four yorkshiremen.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home