Thursday, September 07, 2006

Anecdote

I'll avoid pulling my company down again, although there are increasing reasons to vent.

The long weekend was spent in the garden, learning that three cubic yards of topsoil are not equivalent to three of crushed stone. Jeepers.

It was a good job that I borrowed my buddies wheelbarrow, the weekend resulting in one of those Alex Trebeck Jeopardy anecdotes, it's a none-event anecdote, a non-story, best described in the full Jeopardy way.

Alex "Dave, and over to you, you have an interesting anecdote about the time you were laying crushed stone down in the garden and after three cubic yards of shifting from your driveway to the back yard you thought that you were going to be short by just one bag but quickly found out that there was just enough, can you tell our audience about that?"

Dave "Yes I sure can Alex, it's true, me and my wife Karen were laying crushed stone down in the garden and after three cubic yards of shifting from our driveway to the back yard we were very worried that we were going to be short by just one bag but quickly found out that there was just enough!!!"

Alex "Thats a fascinating anecdote David"

Dave "Thanks Alex, I'll have Anal Bum Covers for a thousand"

Alex "That's Album Covers"

Dave "Whatever"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home