Thursday, August 17, 2006

Done the Malls

I think I mentioned before that, as a few of us have planned our escape from the POW camp, other inmates, who had met their sell by date, have negotiated their way back into the huts by convincing the guards that they’re much happier being a prisoner.

Ron, who was 65 a couple of months ago, retired and then returned last week. I met him by his cubicle and told him I was proud that he’d escaped retirement, that I’d not met many people who had achieved that feat, or fate, whatever you want to label it.

He said, “I’ve had my five weeks, I’ve done all the malls” and was “glad to be back”

As a relatively naive 48 year old, I hadn’t realized.

Retirement isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I need to rethink.

Think.
Thinks.
Thunk.

I have to get out sooner before these wise old idiots reprogram me.

22 months and counting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home