Sunday, July 01, 2007

Curtain Call

Had you come some other day then
It might not have been like this
But you see now I'm too much in love

In another day, you would have seen this young man who disliked the Beatles because he thought they detracted from his life, made it look like, although he was from Liverpool, something better had come from there, a group of young men, the best group of the last century and a legacy of songs and lyrics that will, perhaps, never be bettered.

I'm not like that anymore, I think that they define me more than I could ever define myself, more than all those other players "In My Life" have tried to define me, long before I had the chance to even think.

I've done this before, but, I'd like to thank the people who kept me here.

Peter Leece
Sue Liderth
Mike McGuire
Barbara Bell
Nancy Baker
Paul Martin
Karen Gore
Steve Bradshaw

Thank You to every one of you, for some reason you kept me alive when I thought I'd be better off dead.

I will be forever in debt to all of you, for all time.

Well, for another 30 years anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home