Sunday, July 01, 2007

Say The Word

Say the word and you'll be free
Say the word and be like me
Say the word I'm thinking of
Have you heard the word is love?
It's so fine,
It's sunshine
It's the word, love
In the beginning I misunderstood
But now I've got it,
the word is good

So, why as a Liverpool Lad, would I be the least bit miffled about the Beatles? - well, its a long story, about 50 years of it already have passed, and I'm hoping for about 30 years more.

Perhaps with less animosity towards the group.

It's a thing, most people would ask where you are from, interested in where you are from, and then you'd reply, "Liverpool", and before you knew it, you'd accent that with, "Liverpool, you know, where the Beatles came from" and shoot down your own balloon as suddenly, it's not about you any more, the engineer that came from Liverpool, moreover, it's about those Fab Four who made such great success about their lives, god bless 'em, Fantastic, best group ever, better than anything, super.

Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home